Cricket-Bangladesh opener Tamim to miss rest of ODI series
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23 (Reuters) - Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal will miss the last two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka after injuring his right thumb while fielding in Saturday's defeat.
Tamim (112), who hit his country's first one-day century against Sri Lanka, went to hospital for an X-ray after the opening game of the series and was told he had a hairline fracture.
"He will be out for the rest of the series," team physio Vibhav Singh told reporters.
Tamim has only just returned to full fitness after sustaining a wrist injury in the Bangladesh Premier League in February. (Reporting by Azad Majumder, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- UPDATE 3-Putin defends Crimea's decision to hold referendum
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive