Cricket-Bangladesh opener Tamim to miss rest of ODI series
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23 (Reuters) - Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal will miss the last two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka after injuring his right thumb while fielding in Saturday's defeat.
Tamim (112), who hit his country's first one-day century against Sri Lanka, went to hospital for an X-ray after the opening game of the series and was told he had a hairline fracture.
"He will be out for the rest of the series," team physio Vibhav Singh told reporters.
Tamim has only just returned to full fitness after sustaining a wrist injury in the Bangladesh Premier League in February. (Reporting by Azad Majumder, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article