Cricket-Bangladesh opener Tamim to miss rest of ODI series
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23 (Reuters) - Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal will miss the last two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka after injuring his right thumb while fielding in Saturday's defeat.
Tamim (112), who hit his country's first one-day century against Sri Lanka, went to hospital for an X-ray after the opening game of the series and was told he had a hairline fracture.
"He will be out for the rest of the series," team physio Vibhav Singh told reporters.
Tamim has only just returned to full fitness after sustaining a wrist injury in the Bangladesh Premier League in February. (Reporting by Azad Majumder, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article