Cricket-Bangladesh opener Tamim to miss rest of ODI series
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23
HAMBANTOTA, Sri Lanka, March 23 (Reuters) - Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal will miss the last two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka after injuring his right thumb while fielding in Saturday's defeat.
Tamim (112), who hit his country's first one-day century against Sri Lanka, went to hospital for an X-ray after the opening game of the series and was told he had a hairline fracture.
"He will be out for the rest of the series," team physio Vibhav Singh told reporters.
Tamim has only just returned to full fitness after sustaining a wrist injury in the Bangladesh Premier League in February. (Reporting by Azad Majumder, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article