IOC cuts petrol prices by a rupee
REUTERS - Indian Oil Corp (IOC.NS), the country's biggest refiner, cut petrol prices by a rupee from Tuesday as global prices of the fuel have declined and the rupee has marginally strengthened against the dollar, it said in a statement.
India's three state-run fuel retailers - IOC, Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL.NS) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (BPCL.NS) - tend to move their prices together.
The government deregulated gasoline prices in June 2010.
In January it allowed fuel retailers to raise the price of subsidised diesel by 50 paise a litre every month and asked bulk buyers to pay market rates.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article