Coal India gains on govt stake sale report
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Coal India Ltd(COAL.NS) gain as much as 4.1 percent after Bloomberg news reported that the government plans to raise 200 billion rupees by selling part of its stake in the company.
The report, quoting a draft finance ministry proposal, said the government plans to sell a 5 percent stake to the public and a similar holding to the company.
A senior finance ministry official with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters the government was looking to raise 180-200 billion rupees via the stake sale, but was yet to decide the mode.
A senior Coal India official said, "We are not aware of this. Nothing has come to us."
At 2.32 p.m. shares were up 2.95 percent at 310.45 rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi, Rajesh Kumar Singh and Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article