Microsoft developing 7-inch Surface tablet - WSJ
REUTERS - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) is developing a new lineup of Surface tablets, including a 7-inch version expected to go into mass production later this year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the company's plans.
Microsoft executives felt they needed to keep pace with the growing popularity of smaller tablets like Google Inc's (GOOG.O) 7-inch Nexus and the 7.9-inch iPad Mini introduced by Apple Inc (AAPL.O) last October, one person told the paper. (link.reuters.com/wem37t)
Microsoft declined to comment to the Wall Street Journal. The company could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge
- Micromax aims to go global, high-end with smartphones
- BSE Sensex marks biggest weekly fall in nearly a month
- UPDATE 1-Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake -officials
Micromax, which has become India's No. 2 smartphone brand just five years after selling its first handset - a $30 made-in-China model, is looking to go upmarket and overseas. Full Article
China official says has "substantial" price-fixing evidence against Qualcomm - media. Full Article