Microsoft developing 7-inch Surface tablet - WSJ
REUTERS - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) is developing a new lineup of Surface tablets, including a 7-inch version expected to go into mass production later this year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the company's plans.
Microsoft executives felt they needed to keep pace with the growing popularity of smaller tablets like Google Inc's (GOOG.O) 7-inch Nexus and the 7.9-inch iPad Mini introduced by Apple Inc (AAPL.O) last October, one person told the paper. (link.reuters.com/wem37t)
Microsoft declined to comment to the Wall Street Journal. The company could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- RIL telecoms unit in tower lease pact with ATC
In June 2011, when customers of now-bankrupt bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox agitated for proof that the Tokyo-based firm was still solvent after a hacking attack, CEO Mark Karpeles turned to the comedy science fiction novel "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Full Article
Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords Full Article