Microsoft developing 7-inch Surface tablet - WSJ
REUTERS - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) is developing a new lineup of Surface tablets, including a 7-inch version expected to go into mass production later this year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the company's plans.
Microsoft executives felt they needed to keep pace with the growing popularity of smaller tablets like Google Inc's (GOOG.O) 7-inch Nexus and the 7.9-inch iPad Mini introduced by Apple Inc (AAPL.O) last October, one person told the paper. (link.reuters.com/wem37t)
Microsoft declined to comment to the Wall Street Journal. The company could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE - The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Hijacking not ruled out in missing Malaysian jet - chief investigator
EYEING NEW MARKET
South Korea's pioneering mobile messaging apps have taken their oversized emoticons to Indonesia, intent on breaking the dominance of BlackBerry Ltd's BBM messaging service in one of the world's most active social media markets. Full Article | Graphic