Microsoft developing 7-inch Surface tablet - WSJ
REUTERS - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) is developing a new lineup of Surface tablets, including a 7-inch version expected to go into mass production later this year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the company's plans.
Microsoft executives felt they needed to keep pace with the growing popularity of smaller tablets like Google Inc's (GOOG.O) 7-inch Nexus and the 7.9-inch iPad Mini introduced by Apple Inc (AAPL.O) last October, one person told the paper. (link.reuters.com/wem37t)
Microsoft declined to comment to the Wall Street Journal. The company could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
Tech Smart Farmers
Erratic weather, rising temperatures, declining water resources and labour shortages are threatening India's bread basket state of Haryana, forcing farmers to abandon age-old practices and adopt technology to ensure food supplies for millions. Full Article