Hundreds of dead expected after Iran quake - official
ANKARA (Reuters) - An Iranian government official said on Tuesday he expected hundreds of deaths from a major earthquake that struck Iran near the border with Pakistan.
"It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi; Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
- Kremlin aide warns U.S. of response if sanctions imposed - RIA
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article