Hundreds of dead expected after Iran quake - official
ANKARA (Reuters) - An Iranian government official said on Tuesday he expected hundreds of deaths from a major earthquake that struck Iran near the border with Pakistan.
"It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi; Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take up a broom and sweep the filthy streets of the capital on Thursday, launching a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of cleanliness and better sanitation. Full Article
Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source. Full Article
Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border. Full Article