Hundreds of dead expected after Iran quake - official
ANKARA (Reuters) - An Iranian government official said on Tuesday he expected hundreds of deaths from a major earthquake that struck Iran near the border with Pakistan.
"It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi; Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Former foreign minister Abdullah Abdullah has opened a lead in the Afghan presidential race, the latest official tally of votes released on Sunday showed, although half of the votes have yet to be counted. Full Article