Cairn India shares fall after earnings lag estimates
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India(CAIL.NS) fall 1.7 percent in after its Jan-march earnings lag estimates, dealers say.
Cairn India on Monday said its Jan-March net profit rose 17.1 percent to 25.64 billion rupees versus 21.86 billion rupees in the same quarter last year.
Production of 175000 barrels of oil per day from Rajasthan oil field however removes some investor apprehensions, dealers add.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Modi slams whispering campaign against Rajnath Singh
- Pakistan's prime minister resolved to ride out protests crisis
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- India's coal crunch - a chance to revamp, reallocate and revive
COAL BLOCK ALLOCATIONS
A Supreme Court ruling this week that India's decades-old method of granting coal mining concessions is illegal could herald much-needed reforms in a sector long dogged by the inability of state-run Coal India to raise output fast enough. Read
Kleiner to invest in messaging startup Snapchat at near-$10 bln valuation - report. Full Article