Cairn India shares fall after earnings lag estimates
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India(CAIL.NS) fall 1.7 percent in after its Jan-march earnings lag estimates, dealers say.
Cairn India on Monday said its Jan-March net profit rose 17.1 percent to 25.64 billion rupees versus 21.86 billion rupees in the same quarter last year.
Production of 175000 barrels of oil per day from Rajasthan oil field however removes some investor apprehensions, dealers add.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer parries activist investor attacks
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article