Samsung market share rises to 33 percent - report
(REFILE: Re-writes headline)
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co sold a record 69.4 million smartphones in the first quarter, boosting its market share to an all-time high of 33.1 percent, data from research firm Strategy Analytics showed on Friday.
Apple Inc (AAPL.O), which sold 37.4 million iPhones in the March quarter, took 17.9 percent of the market, it said.
LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS) grew to the third biggest on 10.3 million unit shipments, followed by China's Huawei.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Jacqueline Wong and Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Republicans attack slow pace of Obamacare enrollments
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB
Microsoft Corp has sold more than 2 million Xbox One video game consoles since its November 22 launch, catching up with rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 released a week earlier. Full Article