Russia's Pishchalnikova given 10-year doping ban
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Olympic discus silver medallist Darya Pishchalnikova has been given a 10-year doping ban after failing a drugs test for the second time, the Russian athletics federation (VFLA) said on Tuesday.
A sample taken from Pishchalnikova in May last year was re-tested and proved positive for the anabolic steroid oxandrolone, the VFLA said on its website (www.rusathletics.com).
The 27-year-old Russian, who took silver in London last year, served a doping ban of two years nine months from July 2008 to April 2011. (Reporting by Gennady Fyodorov; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital