Russia's Pishchalnikova given 10-year doping ban
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Olympic discus silver medallist Darya Pishchalnikova has been given a 10-year doping ban after failing a drugs test for the second time, the Russian athletics federation (VFLA) said on Tuesday.
A sample taken from Pishchalnikova in May last year was re-tested and proved positive for the anabolic steroid oxandrolone, the VFLA said on its website (www.rusathletics.com).
The 27-year-old Russian, who took silver in London last year, served a doping ban of two years nine months from July 2008 to April 2011. (Reporting by Gennady Fyodorov; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indian diplomat Khobragade was strip-searched after arrest in U.S
- UPDATE 3-U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- CORRECTED-Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia
- UPDATE 2-"Great Train Robber" Ronnie Biggs dies aged 84
A career-best 119 from Virat Kohli lifted India to a respectable 255 for five at the close on an even opening day of the first test against South Africa at the Wanderers. Full Article