Weekahead: Stocks to focus on fund flows, monsoon progress
Reuters Market Eye - Technical indicators point towards some correction in Indian equity markets next week as it seems to have become overbought after a 3.5 percent rally in the Sensex in April, traders say.
Focus will now shift to the performance of monsoon rains in India and fund flows after the accommodative stance by global central banks. The RBI cut the repo rate by 25 bps as widely expected, but said there was limited room for further easing.
India's factory output data for March and last fiscal year will be watched on May 10.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH Sat/Sun: Asian Development Bank conference.
Mon: March Services PMI.
Tues: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (GLAX.NS) results
Wed: Results of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RANB.NS), Lupin Ltd(LUPN.NS)
Thurs: Asian Paints (ASPN.NS) March-quarter results
Fri: March factory output data, Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS) earnings.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally
- UPDATE 7-Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article