Weekahead: Stocks to focus on fund flows, monsoon progress
Reuters Market Eye - Technical indicators point towards some correction in Indian equity markets next week as it seems to have become overbought after a 3.5 percent rally in the Sensex in April, traders say.
Focus will now shift to the performance of monsoon rains in India and fund flows after the accommodative stance by global central banks. The RBI cut the repo rate by 25 bps as widely expected, but said there was limited room for further easing.
India's factory output data for March and last fiscal year will be watched on May 10.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH Sat/Sun: Asian Development Bank conference.
Mon: March Services PMI.
Tues: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (GLAX.NS) results
Wed: Results of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RANB.NS), Lupin Ltd(LUPN.NS)
Thurs: Asian Paints (ASPN.NS) March-quarter results
Fri: March factory output data, Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS) earnings.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article