Weekahead: Stocks to focus on fund flows, monsoon progress
Reuters Market Eye - Technical indicators point towards some correction in Indian equity markets next week as it seems to have become overbought after a 3.5 percent rally in the Sensex in April, traders say.
Focus will now shift to the performance of monsoon rains in India and fund flows after the accommodative stance by global central banks. The RBI cut the repo rate by 25 bps as widely expected, but said there was limited room for further easing.
India's factory output data for March and last fiscal year will be watched on May 10.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH Sat/Sun: Asian Development Bank conference.
Mon: March Services PMI.
Tues: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (GLAX.NS) results
Wed: Results of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RANB.NS), Lupin Ltd(LUPN.NS)
Thurs: Asian Paints (ASPN.NS) March-quarter results
Fri: March factory output data, Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS) earnings.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video