Italy duo doubtful for Milan against Torino
ROME (Reuters) - AC Milan could be without Italy internationals Riccardo Montolivo and Giampaolo Pazzini when they host struggling Torino in Serie A on Sunday.
"Luca Antonini, Giampaolo Pazzini and Riccardo Montolivo didn't finish training today due to some physical pain," the club said in a statement.
"Of these three only Montolivo is suffering from a muscular problem and will be assessed over the next few days."
Montolivo has been a fixture in Milan's midfield since signing from Champions League rivals Fiorentina last summer, making 37 appearances in all competitions and scoring four goals.
Pazzini has scored 15 goals in 26 league appearances, and the 28-year-old striker saved Milan from an embarrassing home defeat to Catania last weekend when he scored twice as they came back from 2-1 down to win 4-2.
Milan are currently third in Serie A on 62 points, one ahead of Vincenzo Montella's Fiorentina, who host AS Roma in Saturday's late game (1845 GMT).
(Reporting by Terry Daley, editing by Alan Baldwin.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
Pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and Olympic shot put champion Valerie Adams were named World Athletes of the Year at an IAAF gala in Monaco on Friday. Full Article