Italy duo doubtful for Milan against Torino
ROME (Reuters) - AC Milan could be without Italy internationals Riccardo Montolivo and Giampaolo Pazzini when they host struggling Torino in Serie A on Sunday.
"Luca Antonini, Giampaolo Pazzini and Riccardo Montolivo didn't finish training today due to some physical pain," the club said in a statement.
"Of these three only Montolivo is suffering from a muscular problem and will be assessed over the next few days."
Montolivo has been a fixture in Milan's midfield since signing from Champions League rivals Fiorentina last summer, making 37 appearances in all competitions and scoring four goals.
Pazzini has scored 15 goals in 26 league appearances, and the 28-year-old striker saved Milan from an embarrassing home defeat to Catania last weekend when he scored twice as they came back from 2-1 down to win 4-2.
Milan are currently third in Serie A on 62 points, one ahead of Vincenzo Montella's Fiorentina, who host AS Roma in Saturday's late game (1845 GMT).
(Reporting by Terry Daley, editing by Alan Baldwin.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- NATO condemns Russia's action, sees build-up of forces near Ukraine
Belgian Grand Prix
Formula One leader Nico Rosberg swept to pole position at the Belgian Grand Prix on Saturday with Mercedes team mate and title rival Lewis Hamilton alongside on the front row after a wet qualifying session. Full Article