Fire hits Renault-Nissan parts warehouse outside Chennai
REUTERS - A warehouse outside Chennai supplying parts to Nissan Motor Co Ltd's(7201.T) and Renault SA's(RENA.PA) factory was almost destroyed by fire on Thursday, a Nissan spokeswoman said, possibly affecting production at the 400,000-car-per-year plant.
The warehouse, operated by third-party supplier Yusen Logistics Co (9370.T), stored spare parts and accessories used in the factory.
Nissan was unable to provide details on any possible impact on production as the Japanese carmaker was awaiting further details on the fire damage, a spokeswoman said.
"We are working closely with emergency services to bring the situation under control and all staff remain safe," the spokeswoman told Reuters.
The alliance factory builds models for India's domestic car market and for export at the plant.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- India finally fall in line to get Olympic ban overturned
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article