Lupin falls; Mylan launches cholesterol drug
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Lupin Ltd (LUPN.NS) slump 4 percent after earlier falling as much as 4.7 percent following the launch of rival Mylan Inc's (MYL.O) generic version of the cholesterol-lowering Tricor tablets.
Mylan Inc said in a statement on Friday its unit Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc has shipped generic Tricor, or fenofibrate tablets, of 48 mg and 145 mg.
Mylan compete against Lupin, which also sells generic versions of Tricor.
"Mylan's launch of Tricor will result in higher competition and decline in Lupin's market share in a drug which has a market size of $1.2 billion," said Ranjit Kapadia, senior vice president at Centrum Broking.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Thousands mob Modi as election race starts in Varanasi
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article