Rupee down despite share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trading close to 55 levels despite gains in the domestic sharemarket. The rupee is trading at 54.99/55.00 versus its close of 54.88/89.
The rupee fell to as low as 55.07 in opening trade, its lowest since March 4.
Domestic shares trading up 0.8 percent tracking firm Asian indices.
Traders say good dollar buying is likely at 54.95 levels while 55.15 is expected to cap the upside.
"If 55.15 is broken convincingly, we could see it move upto 55.40-50 levels but until then it is safe to play the 54.50 to 55.15 range," said a senior dealer with a foreign bank.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
Consumer Confidence Index
More than half of consumers globally expect job prospects to be good to excellent in the year ahead, a survey showed on Tuesday. India overtook Indonesia as the most optimistic consumer market, while Portugal and Slovenia were the most pessimistic. Full Article
India keeps world guessing in countdown to landmark trade pact deadline. Full Article
Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business. Full Article