Rupee down despite share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trading close to 55 levels despite gains in the domestic sharemarket. The rupee is trading at 54.99/55.00 versus its close of 54.88/89.
The rupee fell to as low as 55.07 in opening trade, its lowest since March 4.
Domestic shares trading up 0.8 percent tracking firm Asian indices.
Traders say good dollar buying is likely at 54.95 levels while 55.15 is expected to cap the upside.
"If 55.15 is broken convincingly, we could see it move upto 55.40-50 levels but until then it is safe to play the 54.50 to 55.15 range," said a senior dealer with a foreign bank.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- Gaza toll soars as Israel "days" from completing tunnel hunt
- HCL Tech Q4 dollar revenue disappoints investors, shares fall
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Some WTO members discussing customs deal without India - sources
Maruti Suzuki India, India's biggest carmaker, reported a 21 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, as early signs of an economic revival boosted sales. Full Article