Rupee down despite share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trading close to 55 levels despite gains in the domestic sharemarket. The rupee is trading at 54.99/55.00 versus its close of 54.88/89.
The rupee fell to as low as 55.07 in opening trade, its lowest since March 4.
Domestic shares trading up 0.8 percent tracking firm Asian indices.
Traders say good dollar buying is likely at 54.95 levels while 55.15 is expected to cap the upside.
"If 55.15 is broken convincingly, we could see it move upto 55.40-50 levels but until then it is safe to play the 54.50 to 55.15 range," said a senior dealer with a foreign bank.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article