Rupee down despite share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trading close to 55 levels despite gains in the domestic sharemarket. The rupee is trading at 54.99/55.00 versus its close of 54.88/89.
The rupee fell to as low as 55.07 in opening trade, its lowest since March 4.
Domestic shares trading up 0.8 percent tracking firm Asian indices.
Traders say good dollar buying is likely at 54.95 levels while 55.15 is expected to cap the upside.
"If 55.15 is broken convincingly, we could see it move upto 55.40-50 levels but until then it is safe to play the 54.50 to 55.15 range," said a senior dealer with a foreign bank.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article