Rupee down despite share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trading close to 55 levels despite gains in the domestic sharemarket. The rupee is trading at 54.99/55.00 versus its close of 54.88/89.
The rupee fell to as low as 55.07 in opening trade, its lowest since March 4.
Domestic shares trading up 0.8 percent tracking firm Asian indices.
Traders say good dollar buying is likely at 54.95 levels while 55.15 is expected to cap the upside.
"If 55.15 is broken convincingly, we could see it move upto 55.40-50 levels but until then it is safe to play the 54.50 to 55.15 range," said a senior dealer with a foreign bank.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article