Japan finance minister: wants Bank of Japan to have thorough dialogue with JGB market
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday that he wants the Bank of Japan to have a thorough dialogue with markets in the wake of volatility in the government bond market.
"Governor Kuroda is communicating with the market in a thorough way and I expect the bank to continue to do this," Aso said to reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The BOJ is expected to stand pat on monetary policy this week despite jitters over the recent volatility in bond markets, hoping it can prevent a renewed spike in yields by fine-tuning market operations.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
Jindal Steel and Power gains 7 percent, while Hindalco Industries is up 2.2 percent. India said on Monday it would auction off coal blocks after the Supreme Court cancelled allocations in August. Full Article | Related Story
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article