British police say investigating incident on plane
LONDON (Reuters) - British police said they were investigating an incident aboard a plane on Friday, after the Defence Ministry said it had scrambled fighter jets to escort a plane from Lahore.
"Police and partners are responding," the spokeswoman for Essex police said. The plane is being diverted to Stansted Airport in Essex, to the east of London.
(Reporting by Kate Holton; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake-officials
- UPDATE 2-Hilton Worldwide Holdings shares climb 9 percent in IPO
- UPDATE 2-Bangladesh executes Islamist leader, deadly clashes on streets
India's battle with inflation and weak economic growth became more challenging on Thursday with a sharp spike in the cost of food driving the highest retail price rises on record and a worse-than-anticipated contraction in industrial production. Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article