Brooklyn Bridge reopened after check of suspicious vehicle
REUTERS - The Brooklyn Bridge reopened on Monday evening after being closed for almost two hours at the end of a holiday weekend while New York City police investigated an unattended vehicle.
The bridge was shut down at 5:15 p.m. (2115 GMT) as the police bomb squad investigated a Manhattan-bound SUV. An "all clear" was issued and the historic bridge reopened to traffic at 7 p.m. (2300 GMT), said New York Police Detective Kellyann Ort.
WCBS Radio's traffic correspondent reported the vehicle had no license plates. The closing backed up Memorial Day holiday traffic, the station said. (Reporting by Mary Wisniewski; Editing by Barbara Goldberg and Peter Cooney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 7-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls