Sun Pharma gains; Meda says no takeover talks
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd(SUN.NS) rise 2 percent after Swedish drugmaker Meda AB(MEDAa.ST) said it was not involved in discussions with a potential buyer, contradicting reports that the two companies were in talks.
(To read full story, click here)
Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation had told Reuters on May 31 that Sun Pharmaceutical was in talks to buy Meda for $5 billion to $6 billion.
After those reports, investors had worried Sun would have to assume significant debt to finance the purchase.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- Balance of payments rises on robust dollar inflows
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article