Sun Pharma gains; Meda says no takeover talks
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd(SUN.NS) rise 2 percent after Swedish drugmaker Meda AB(MEDAa.ST) said it was not involved in discussions with a potential buyer, contradicting reports that the two companies were in talks.
(To read full story, click here)
Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation had told Reuters on May 31 that Sun Pharmaceutical was in talks to buy Meda for $5 billion to $6 billion.
After those reports, investors had worried Sun would have to assume significant debt to finance the purchase.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 27 |
The Nifty was trading in the red on Wednesday on profit taking after the broader index earlier hit its third straight record high at 7,922.70. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article