Sun Pharma gains; Meda says no takeover talks
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd(SUN.NS) rise 2 percent after Swedish drugmaker Meda AB(MEDAa.ST) said it was not involved in discussions with a potential buyer, contradicting reports that the two companies were in talks.
(To read full story, click here)
Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation had told Reuters on May 31 that Sun Pharmaceutical was in talks to buy Meda for $5 billion to $6 billion.
After those reports, investors had worried Sun would have to assume significant debt to finance the purchase.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- Coca-Cola announces growth plan as profit falls 14 pct
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at age 90
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article