Sun Pharma gains; Meda says no takeover talks
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd(SUN.NS) rise 2 percent after Swedish drugmaker Meda AB(MEDAa.ST) said it was not involved in discussions with a potential buyer, contradicting reports that the two companies were in talks.
(To read full story, click here)
Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation had told Reuters on May 31 that Sun Pharmaceutical was in talks to buy Meda for $5 billion to $6 billion.
After those reports, investors had worried Sun would have to assume significant debt to finance the purchase.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India
A standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers overshadowed a visit to New Delhi by China's President Xi Jinping on Thursday, with a $20 billion investment pledge eclipsed by robust comments from Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the dispute. Full Article | Slideshow