Future Retail slumps over 40 pct on fashion brands spinoff
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Future Retail(FURE.NS) fall as much as 42.8 percent as Friday marks the first day in which the stock starts trading after the retailer's fashion brands were spun off into a separate unit.
Future, formerly known as Pantaloon Retail Ltd, and Future Ventures India FVIL.NS agreed in November 2012 to demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands currently held by Future Retail and Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Lifestyle, along with a debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.3 percent to an all-time high of 27,706.80. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.28 percent to a record of 8,275.15. Full Article