Future Retail slumps over 40 pct on fashion brands spinoff
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Future Retail(FURE.NS) fall as much as 42.8 percent as Friday marks the first day in which the stock starts trading after the retailer's fashion brands were spun off into a separate unit.
Future, formerly known as Pantaloon Retail Ltd, and Future Ventures India FVIL.NS agreed in November 2012 to demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands currently held by Future Retail and Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Lifestyle, along with a debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video