Future Retail slumps over 40 pct on fashion brands spinoff
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Future Retail(FURE.NS) fall as much as 42.8 percent as Friday marks the first day in which the stock starts trading after the retailer's fashion brands were spun off into a separate unit.
Future, formerly known as Pantaloon Retail Ltd, and Future Ventures India FVIL.NS agreed in November 2012 to demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands currently held by Future Retail and Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Lifestyle, along with a debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 3-Argentine assets drop after default, "credit event" in balance
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article