Future Retail slumps over 40 pct on fashion brands spinoff
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Future Retail(FURE.NS) fall as much as 42.8 percent as Friday marks the first day in which the stock starts trading after the retailer's fashion brands were spun off into a separate unit.
Future, formerly known as Pantaloon Retail Ltd, and Future Ventures India FVIL.NS agreed in November 2012 to demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands currently held by Future Retail and Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Lifestyle, along with a debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- With eye on China, India to develop disputed border region
Importing Iron Ore
An oversupplied global iron ore market may find some relief from an unlikely source as former No.3 exporter India turns into a big importer due to a cutback in domestic production. Full Article
INSIGHT - "Mr. Confession" and his boss drive China's antitrust crusade . Full Article