MOSCOW A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Trending On Reuters
A death toll of 27 from flooding across Myanmar was expected to rise as rescue workers struggled on Monday to reach some of the hardest-hit and most remote inundated areas, officials said. Full Article | Video
- U.S. to defend Syrian rebels with airpower, including from Assad
- U.N. states agree post-2015 sustainable development agenda
- Barnacles on debris could provide clues to missing MH370 - experts
- Rouhani says nuclear deal a "third way" for Iranian foreign policy
- Taiwan school textbook row highlights antipathy to 'one China'