Russia criticises Western, Arab states over arms for Syrian rebels
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- UPDATE 2-U.S. SEC adopts long-awaited reforms for money market funds
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
A domestic TransAsia Airways plane crashed on landing on an island off the west coast of tyhoon-hit Taiwan on Wednesday, killing 47 people, the Civil Aeronautics Administration said. Full Article
Wrecked Concordia finally headed for scrapyard after massive salvage operation. Full Article