MOSCOW A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Trending On Reuters
A campaign led by Shi'ite paramilitaries to drive Islamic State militants from Iraq's Sunni heartland was rebranded on Wednesday after criticism that the name chosen for the push was overtly sectarian. Full Article
- U.S. military mistakenly ships live anthrax to labs in nine states
- Exclusive - Russia masses heavy firepower on border with Ukraine: witness
- U.S. hopes Chinese island-building will spur Asian response
- Hundreds evacuated in Texas after storms leave at least 15 dead
- Iran, North Korea forging ballistic, nuclear ties - dissidents
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article