Reliance Cap partners with Japan firms for bank foray
REUTERS - Reliance Capital said on Wednesday it would apply for a licence to enter mainstream banking in the country, in partnership with Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank and Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
The two Japanese firms plan to own between 4 percent and 5 percent stakes each in the proposed bank, while Reliance Capital will be the promoter, said the company, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani.
The Reserve Bank of India issued guidelines in February allowing any type of company to set up a bank, seeking to improve access to banking services.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article