Videocon jumps; chairman says mulling dividend
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Videocon Industries gain 4.3 percent after its chairman and managing director, Venugopal Dhoot, said in an interview with news channel CNBC-TV18 that the company will consider special dividend and bonus shares, dealers say.
The comments come after Oil and Natural Gas Corp and Oil India agreed to buy a 10 percent stake in a Mozambique gas field from Videocon Group for $2.48 billion.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake-officials
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
India's battle with inflation and weak economic growth became more challenging on Thursday with a sharp spike in the cost of food driving the highest retail price rises on record and a worse-than-anticipated contraction in industrial production. Full Article