Egypt interim to be short, followed by elections - agency
CAIRO (Reuters) - An army-backed plan for a new Egyptian political transition includes a short period of interim rule to be followed by presidential and parliamentary elections, the state news agency reported on Wednesday. It gave no further details.
(Writing by Tom Perry/Yasmine Saleh; Editing by Alastair Macdonald)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags
A gunman attacked Canada's parliament on Wednesday, with shots fired near where Prime Minister Stephen Harper was speaking, and a soldier was killed at a nearby war memorial, stunning the Canadian capital. Full Article | Main Story
U.S.-led air strikes killed 553 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor. Full Article