China wealth fund CIC in talks with Alibaba - official media
BEIJING, July 26
BEIJING, July 26 (Reuters) - Chinese sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp. is in unspecified talks with Alibaba Group, the official People's Daily reported on Friday.
The paper said CIC mentioned the discussions at a briefing for Chinese media on Friday, but did not disclose the nature of them and did not give details.
CIC invested in Alibaba in September last year to help the group fund a partial buy-back of Yahoo! Inc's stake in the e-commerce company. Alibaba is currently preparing an initial public offering, after delisting subsidiary Alibaba.com in 2012.
Alibaba was not immediately available for comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts