Singer Miguel arrested for driving under influence in California
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - R&B singer Miguel was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on Thursday near Los Angeles, a spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol said.
Miguel, 27, was pulled over by CHP officers in the early hours of Thursday in the seaside community of Marina del Rey for driving over the speed limit and having the front windows of the car tinted, CHP spokeswoman Sergeant Denise Joslin said.
"The officers investigating observed alcohol intoxication and he (Miguel) was arrested on suspicion of DUI," Joslin said.
The Grammy-winning "Adorn" singer, whose full name is Miguel Jontel Pimentel, was booked and released within a couple of hours on bail for $5,000 and is due in court on September 9, according Los Angeles County jail records.
Miguel was driving a BMW car with passengers, and upon arrest, the car was released to one of the passengers who was not intoxicated, Joslin said. (Reporting by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Eric Kelsey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
Jay Z leads with 9 Grammy nominations, but newcomers vie for top honors. Full Article
Boy band One Direction makes chart history with third No. 1 album debut. Full Article