Indian stocks to watch - Aug 21
Aug 21 (Reuters) - GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 1.2 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan falls 0.5 percent.
* Asian markets were getting a much-needed reprieve on Wednesday as U.S. borrowing costs eased and investors everywhere hunkered down for minutes of the Federal Reserve's July policy meeting, though some feared they might only sow more confusion.
* The S&P 500 bounced on Tuesday to end a four-day losing skid, as earnings from Best Buy and TJX Cos helped buoy retailers and consumer discretionary stocks.
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
* India to sell 120 billion rupees of treasury bills.
* Tata Motors Ltd, India's biggest automaker, holds its annual shareholders meeting.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH For additional press items double click NOTE: Reuters has not verified third-party stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
India takes steps to support markets, rules out capital controls -
India cbank eases investment rules for NRIs in shares, debentures -
S&P maintains negative outlook on India's BBB- sovereign rating -
India looking at leasing gold bought from IMF - Business Line (link.reuters.com/man52v)
SBI says decision on merger of subsidiary in two days - PTI in Economic Times (link.reuters.com/nan52v)
Apollo's $2.5 billion Cooper deal hits roadblocks in China over labour pain - Economic Times
Attorney General gives go-ahead for Balco, HZL stake sales - Financial Express (link.reuters.com/qan52v)
India sees good demand at foreign debt limit auction, cut-off low - sources
India's NSEL exchange makes part payment on forward contracts -
India poised for gold scrap supply surge as import curbs bite -
Fortis sells entire stake in Vietnam hospital chain for $80 million - PTI in Times of India (link.reuters.com/ran52v)
DoT new guidelines pave way for full Internet telephony - PTI in Mint (link.reuters.com/san52v)
Land acquisition delays force NHAI to scrap six projects - Business Standard (link.reuters.com/tan52v)
Dr Reddy's, Intas to tap India's Herceptin market - Business Standard (link.reuters.com/van52v)
PFC, REC dump issues on clamour for coupon - Financial Express (link.reuters.com/wan52v)
(Compiled By Manoj Rawal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- UPDATE 3-SEC's long path to money market fund reform ends in compromise
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article