Barclays upgrades Tata Motors to 'overweight'
Reuters Markey Eye - Barclays upgrades Tata Motors Ltd(TAMO.NS) to "overweight" from "underweight" and raises its target price to 368 rupees from 265 rupees, citing improving performance at unit Jaguar Land Rover Ltd (JLR).
Barclays adds JLR's performance has been improving as Europe and the United States are showing signs of recovery along with "continued volume strength" from China.
"While Tata Motors' domestic business remains under stress due to macro concerns, we believe an improved performance from JLR should offset any drag from the standalone operations," Barclays said in a note.
Tata Motors shares are down 0.5 percent at 1015 IST.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- UPDATE 5-Hezbollah says commander killed in Beirut, blames Israel
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article