Four guilty of Delhi gang rape to be sentenced on Friday - judge
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A judge will deliver his sentence on Friday against four men convicted of killing a woman they gang-raped and tortured on a bus in New Delhi, a case that triggered outrage in India and widespread demands for the guilty to be hanged.
Judge Yogesh Khanna told the court sentencing would take place at 2.30 p.m. (0900 GMT) on Friday.
(Reporting by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India to allow Nokia to transfer Chennai factory to Microsoft
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- GMR, Megawide group set to win Philippine airport contract
- GMR picks Citi, three others for $300-$350 million airport IPO - sources
- BSE Sensex to touch 24,000 by end-2014: Reuters poll
Delhi Gang Rape Verdict
Here is a timeline of key events in the rape and murder of a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist in Delhi, whose death triggered protests and soul-searching about the treatment of women in India. Full Article | Slideshow
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article