IOC to raise petrol prices from Saturday
REUTERS - Indian Oil Corp (IOC)(IOC.NS), the country's biggest refiner, said it would raise petrol prices by 2.6 percent from Saturday due to weakness in the rupee and rising petrol prices in the global markets in the first fortnight of the month.
India's three state-run fuel retailers - IOC, Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL.NS) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) - tend to move their prices together.
The government deregulated petrol prices in June 2010.
In January, India allowed fuel retailers to raise the price of subsidised diesel in small amounts every month and asked bulk buyers to pay market rates.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- UPDATE 2-Suspected Boko Haram fighters kidnap 25 girls in northeast Nigeria