Sun Pharma gets U.S. FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read