Sun Pharma gets U.S. FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- California lawmakers end session with bills on plastic bags, gun control
- EU says could send over 1 bln euros more aid to Ukraine
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article