Sun Pharma gets U.S. FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article