Sun Pharma gets U.S. FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- L&T Q1 revenue $3.2 billion, beats analyst estimates
- Reliance Power to buy Jaiprakash's hydropower business
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions