Tencent invests $448 mln to buy 36.5 pct stake in Sohu's search engine
BEIJING, Sept 16
BEIJING, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Tencent Holdings Ltd said on Monday that it will buy a 36.5 percent stake in Sohu.com Inc's Sogou search engine, China's third-largest, to lift its presence in the fast-growing China market for search and Internet services.
Tencent's share could increase to roughly 40 percent in the near future, it said in a statement.
Tencent's own search engine, Soso, has a 3.15 percent market share by users. Sogou has a 10 percent share, behind Qihoo 360 Technology with 17 percent and Baidu Inc with 66.4 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- NATO to create new "spearhead" force to respond to crises
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- EU seeks rivals' feedback on Facebook, WhatsApp deal
- "We told you so" - Baltic jitters grow over former ruler Russia