S&P raises Downers Grove, Ill. ratings to 'AAA'
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Friday raised its long-term rating and underlying rating on Downers Grove, Ill.'s debt outstanding to triple-A from AA-plus.
In addition, Standard & Poor's rated Downers Grove's 2013A general obligation refunding bonds triple-A.
The outlook is stable.
The rating upgrade is based on recently released local GO criteria, S&P said.
The rating reflects Downers Grove's strong economy which benefits from its location near Chicago, its strong budgetary flexibility, and adequate budgetary performance, the rating service said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. exits GM stake, taxpayers lose $10 billion
- UPDATE 2-U.S. household net worth hits record high in Q3
- China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth
- UPDATE 4-Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- UPDATE 2-U.S. to fly African troops to Central African Republic to ease violence