At least 78 killed in Pakistan church attack - minister
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - At least 78 people were killed on Sunday in a twin suicide bomb attack on a church in Pakistan, including 34 women and seven children, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said.
"Who are these terrorists killing women and children?" he said on live television, speaking from the northwestern city of Peshawar where the attack took place outside the church after Sunday mass.
(Reporting by Syed Raza Hassad; Writing by Maria Golovnina; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
- UPDATE 3-Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
Voters may have handed ruling Congress party a crushing defeat in four states in the heartland while ending its majority in a remote northeastern state, exit polls showed on Wednesday, in a final test of popularity before the 2014 national election. Full Article
U.N. approves French action in Central African Republic after battle. Full Article