Obama says quit smoking because he was 'scared of my wife'
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama says he quit smoking for a reason that many husbands can relate to: "I'm scared of my wife."
The president's quip about first lady Michelle Obama was picked up on an open microphone on Monday as he spoke to a U.N. official at an event in New York.
Obama said he had probably not had a cigarette in six years. He is known to chew Nicorette gum to reduce the craving for nicotine.
(Reporting By Steve Holland; Editing by Xavier Briand)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Marvel's superhero in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" claimed a third straight box office win, collecting $26.6 million at the domestic box office to beat the colorful birds of animated film "Rio 2," which generated $22.5 million in ticket sales. Full Article