Obama says quit smoking because he was 'scared of my wife'
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama says he quit smoking for a reason that many husbands can relate to: "I'm scared of my wife."
The president's quip about first lady Michelle Obama was picked up on an open microphone on Monday as he spoke to a U.N. official at an event in New York.
Obama said he had probably not had a cigarette in six years. He is known to chew Nicorette gum to reduce the craving for nicotine.
(Reporting By Steve Holland; Editing by Xavier Briand)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
This is a movie that does women’s empowerment a huge disservice — it depicts the protagonists as one-dimensional characters; equates justice with mob violence. What’s more, it isn’t even entertaining cinema, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article