BNP Paribas downgrades JSW Steel on valuations, no rupee benefits
Reuters Market Eye - BNP Paribas downgrades JSW Steel Ltd(JSTL.NS) to "reduce" from "hold", citing expensive valuations after recent outperformance due to a delay in the U.S. Federal Reserve's tapering of monetary stimulus in September.
The investment bank says its checks with steel producers and traders suggest that the benefits of a weak currency are neutralised when the rupee is around 60-62 to the dollar.
"With the INR hovering at these levels, a sharp recovery in imports is unlikely and the export opportunity no longer looks as attractive," BNP Paribas said in a report.
BNP Paribas maintains its "hold" on Tata Steel Ltd (TISC.NS) and Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL.NS).
JSW Steel falls nearly 1 percent, while Tata Steel is up 1.34 percent and SAIL is down 0.38 percent at 1102 am.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article