BNP Paribas downgrades JSW Steel on valuations, no rupee benefits
Reuters Market Eye - BNP Paribas downgrades JSW Steel Ltd(JSTL.NS) to "reduce" from "hold", citing expensive valuations after recent outperformance due to a delay in the U.S. Federal Reserve's tapering of monetary stimulus in September.
The investment bank says its checks with steel producers and traders suggest that the benefits of a weak currency are neutralised when the rupee is around 60-62 to the dollar.
"With the INR hovering at these levels, a sharp recovery in imports is unlikely and the export opportunity no longer looks as attractive," BNP Paribas said in a report.
BNP Paribas maintains its "hold" on Tata Steel Ltd (TISC.NS) and Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL.NS).
JSW Steel falls nearly 1 percent, while Tata Steel is up 1.34 percent and SAIL is down 0.38 percent at 1102 am.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article