Powell, Simpson have doping hearing set for January
KINGSTON, Jamaica (Reuters) - Former world 100 metres record holder Asafa Powell and Olympic 4x100 relay silver medallist Sherone Simpson will appear before a disciplinary panel of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission in January.
The two sprinters, who were among five Jamaicans to test positive at their country's national championships last June, were given the dates on Friday during a preliminary hearing at the Jamaica Conference Center in Kingston.
Simpson will face the panel January 7-8 while Powell will appear from January 14-15 in an attempt to clear their names.
(Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- UPDATE 1-Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela "The Captain"
- UPDATE 1-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal