Powell, Simpson have doping hearing set for January
KINGSTON, Jamaica (Reuters) - Former world 100 metres record holder Asafa Powell and Olympic 4x100 relay silver medallist Sherone Simpson will appear before a disciplinary panel of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission in January.
The two sprinters, who were among five Jamaicans to test positive at their country's national championships last June, were given the dates on Friday during a preliminary hearing at the Jamaica Conference Center in Kingston.
Simpson will face the panel January 7-8 while Powell will appear from January 14-15 in an attempt to clear their names.
(Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE - The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Hijacking not ruled out in missing Malaysian jet - chief investigator
A stunning first-half strike by Kwadwo Asamoah gave Serie A leaders Juventus a 1-0 win over fourth-placed Fiorentina to maintain their 100 percent home record in the league on Sunday. Full Article