Norwegian returns Dreamliner to Boeing after breakdowns
OSLO, Sept 28
OSLO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Budget airline Norwegian Air Shuttle is returning one of its brand new Dreamliners to Boeing, demanding repairs after the jet has suffered repeated breakdowns, it said on Saturday.
Norwegian Air Shuttle will instead lease an Airbus A340 from HiFly to keep its long-haul business going and will not take back the Boeing 787 Dreamliner until it is more reliable, a spokesman said.
"The aircraft's reliability is simply not acceptable, our passengers cannot live with this kind of performance," spokesman Lasse Sandaker-Nielsen told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- BJP heading for majority in general election: opinion poll
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China