Steel shares fall on lower-than-expected China PMI
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in steel companies fall on concerns that a lower-than-expected reading of China's PMI by HSBC may weigh on the short-term prospect, dealers say.
Tata Steel (TISC.NS) slumps 6.3 percent, Steel Authority of India falls 2.6 percent, while JSW Steel (JSTL.NS) is down 0.4 percent.
The final HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) edged up to 50.2 in September from August's 50.1, although that was below last week's flash reading of 51.2, with domestic orders proving to be weaker than preliminary estimates suggested.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- India finally fall in line to get Olympic ban overturned
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article