UAE's Etihad to buy 5 Boeing 777-200 from Air India -statement
DUBAI Oct 9 (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will buy five Boeing 777-200 aircraft from Air India, the United Arab Emirates' carrier said in a statement on Wednesday.
The two airlines signed a letter of intent this week and the long-range planes will be delivered from early 2014, subject to approvals. Etihad will use these on its new route between Abu Dhabi and Los Angeles, announced yesterday, which starts in June next year.
Etihad Airways' fleet will reach 87 aircraft by year end, with 14 new deliveries from aircraft manufacturers during 2013, the statement said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags