TransCanada says gas line in northern Alberta may have ruptured
CALGARY, Alberta Oct 17 (Reuters) - TransCanada Corp said on Thursday a natural gas pipeline serving northern Alberta's Athabasca oil sands region may have ruptured.
The company said in a notice on its website that it was alerted to the possible rupture in the area of its Woodenhouse and Buffalo Creek North compressor stations early on Thursday. Staff are trying to confirm the location of the break, which is affecting line pressures in the Fort McMurray oil sands region, it said.
The line is part of TransCanada's Nova regional natural gas pipeline system.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test