Nokia announces new Asha phones
ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Nokia on Tuesday announced upgraded versions of its Asha range of mobile phones, some of the last products it developed before deciding to sell its handset business to Microsoft(MSFT.O).
Three new Asha models were unveiled at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi, where the company is expected to launch new large-screen devices to compete with Apple(AAPL.O) and Samsung.
After the Microsoft deal, which is due to close in the first quarter of next year, the new products will still carry the Nokia brand but become part of Microsoft's drive to become a major player in global consumer devices.
(Reporting by Matt Smith; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- UPDATE 5-Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article