CFTC to hold open meeting on position limits on Nov. 5
WASHINGTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the U.S. derivatives regulator, said it would hold a public meeting on Nov. 5 to decide on a rule that would severely curtail the ability of banks to speculate in commodity markets.
The CFTC is putting the final touches on a revised rule on so-called position limits, even as its lawyers are preparing to defend the original rule, which was knocked down by a U.S. court last year. (Reporting by Douwe Miedema. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test