HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report
REUTERS - Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ.N) is seeking buyers for some of its mobile-computing patents, Bloomberg reported, citing people with direct knowledge of the matter.
The company has approached potential buyers about the portfolio of patents, which include those related to webOS - the smartphone and tablet-computer operating system that HP acquired through its 2010 buy of Palm Inc, people told the agency. (link.reuters.com/zec24v)
HP sold the webOS operating system to South Korea's LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS) earlier this year, but retained the patents and all the technology relating to the cloud service of webOS.
"We don't comment on rumor and speculation," Michael Thacker, a spokesperson for Hewlett-Packard told Bloomberg.
HP could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Varun Aggarwal in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- UPDATE 2-Jay Z leads with 9 Grammy nominations, but newcomers vie for top honors
- Australia celebrates first same-sex marriages ahead of court challenge
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
Apple Inc has paid its leading outside law firm approximately $60 million to wage patent litigation against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in a California federal court, according to Apple legal documents filed late on Thursday. Full Article