Switzerland extradites man linked to Finmeccanica probe to Italy
ZURICH (Reuters) - Switzerland has extradited a man to Italy in connection with a probe into allegations of bribery in an Indian helicopter deal won by Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) unit AgustaWestland, Swiss authorities said on Monday.
The Swiss Justice Ministry said in a statement it had handed over Guido Ralph Haschke, an Italian and U.S. citizen, who lives in Lugano, Switzerland, to the Italian authorities.
Haschke is being investigated in Italy on allegations he was an intermediary in a bribe paid to secure a 560 million euro contract for 12 helicopters won by Finmeccanica unit AgustaWestland in 2010 from India.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake-officials
- UPDATE 2-Hilton Worldwide Holdings shares climb 9 percent in IPO
- UPDATE 2-Bangladesh executes Islamist leader, deadly clashes on streets
The ruling Congress party on Thursday slammed the Supreme Court for reinstating a ban on gay sex, taking an unexpectedly bold stance ahead of elections in the religiously conservative nation. Full Article
India's battle with weak growth, high inflation gets more challenging. Full Article