Cooper Tire in tentative deal with workers over merger
REUTERS - Cooper Tire & Rubber Co (CTB.N) said it reached a tentative agreement with workers represented by United Steelworkers union, regarding its planned $2.5 billion sale to India's Apollo Tyres Ltd (APLO.NS).
An arbitrator ruled in September that the sale could not close unless Apollo drew up a collective bargaining agreement with the union that represents workers at two Cooper plants.
The new labour deal agreed to on Wednesday is subject to review by Apollo, as well as ratification by the union's membership, Cooper said in a filing on Friday.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article