Cooper Tire in tentative deal with workers over merger
REUTERS - Cooper Tire & Rubber Co (CTB.N) said it reached a tentative agreement with workers represented by United Steelworkers union, regarding its planned $2.5 billion sale to India's Apollo Tyres Ltd (APLO.NS).
An arbitrator ruled in September that the sale could not close unless Apollo drew up a collective bargaining agreement with the union that represents workers at two Cooper plants.
The new labour deal agreed to on Wednesday is subject to review by Apollo, as well as ratification by the union's membership, Cooper said in a filing on Friday.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
Modi's U.S. Trip
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on his first trip to New York as leader of the world's most populous democracy, will draw perhaps the largest crowd ever by a foreign leader on U.S. soil when he takes the stage on Sunday in Madison Square Garden before a crowd forecast to total more than 18,000 people. Full Article