Cooper Tire in tentative deal with workers over merger
REUTERS - Cooper Tire & Rubber Co (CTB.N) said it reached a tentative agreement with workers represented by United Steelworkers union, regarding its planned $2.5 billion sale to India's Apollo Tyres Ltd (APLO.NS).
An arbitrator ruled in September that the sale could not close unless Apollo drew up a collective bargaining agreement with the union that represents workers at two Cooper plants.
The new labour deal agreed to on Wednesday is subject to review by Apollo, as well as ratification by the union's membership, Cooper said in a filing on Friday.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- UPDATE 3-Putin talks tough on Ukraine but says he hopes for peace
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- UPDATE 3-Salsa music great José "Cheo" Feliciano, 78, dies in car crash
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage
Ex-Goldman director Rajat Gupta to surrender June 17 in insider case. Full Article