Cooper Tire in tentative deal with workers over merger
REUTERS - Cooper Tire & Rubber Co (CTB.N) said it reached a tentative agreement with workers represented by United Steelworkers union, regarding its planned $2.5 billion sale to India's Apollo Tyres Ltd (APLO.NS).
An arbitrator ruled in September that the sale could not close unless Apollo drew up a collective bargaining agreement with the union that represents workers at two Cooper plants.
The new labour deal agreed to on Wednesday is subject to review by Apollo, as well as ratification by the union's membership, Cooper said in a filing on Friday.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article