Nissan announces management makeover, COO Shiga to become vice chairman
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co(7201.T) said its number two executive, Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga, will step aside from day-to-day operations and become vice chairman, handling external affairs and corporate governance under a management makeover.
Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn will remain in his post.
The personnel reshuffle comes as the company grapples with quality issues and an ambitious drive to boost market share. (Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
- UPDATE 4-Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article