Nissan announces management makeover, COO Shiga to become vice chairman
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co(7201.T) said its number two executive, Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga, will step aside from day-to-day operations and become vice chairman, handling external affairs and corporate governance under a management makeover.
Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn will remain in his post.
The personnel reshuffle comes as the company grapples with quality issues and an ambitious drive to boost market share. (Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- UPDATE 2-Suspected Boko Haram fighters kidnap 25 girls in northeast Nigeria