Nissan announces management makeover, COO Shiga to become vice chairman
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co(7201.T) said its number two executive, Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga, will step aside from day-to-day operations and become vice chairman, handling external affairs and corporate governance under a management makeover.
Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn will remain in his post.
The personnel reshuffle comes as the company grapples with quality issues and an ambitious drive to boost market share. (Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 4-U.S. tightens Ebola monitoring for West African visitors
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article