Nissan announces management makeover, COO Shiga to become vice chairman
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co(7201.T) said its number two executive, Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga, will step aside from day-to-day operations and become vice chairman, handling external affairs and corporate governance under a management makeover.
Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn will remain in his post.
The personnel reshuffle comes as the company grapples with quality issues and an ambitious drive to boost market share. (Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article