China President Xi confident about healthy economic growth
BEIJING (Reuters) - China President Xi Jinping is confident that China will have healthy economic growth and will not fall into a middle-income trap, he told a group of Chinese and foreign business leaders on Saturday.
"We are currently changing our way of development, adjusting our economic structure, accelerating our new style of industrialisation, promoting technology, urbanisation and agricultural modernisation," state media quoted Xi as saying at the meeting in Beijing.
"The domestic elements supporting China's economic growth are sufficient."
China's maturing economy is set to grow at its slackest pace in 23 years this year, at 7.5 percent, as its export sales falter on fragile global demand.
His comments came as leaders prepare to meet from November 9 to November 12 at a plenum that will discuss deepening reforms.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten and Judy Hua; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide