Blackstone, ICBC unit to buy stakes in China shopping mall operator
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Global private equity firm Blackstone Group (BX.N) has agreed to buy a 40 percent stake in Chinese shopping mall operator and developer SCP Co Ltd for an undisclosed value, SCP said in a statement on Monday.
SCP said in a separate statement that ICBC International Holdings, a unit of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (601398.SS), has also agreed to buy a 6 percent stake in the company.
Unlisted SCP will have total assets valued in excess of $2 billion after the deal, according to the company.
(Reporting by Stephen Aldred and Donny Kwok; Editing by Denny Thomas and Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 3-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too