Blackstone, ICBC unit to buy stakes in China shopping mall operator
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Global private equity firm Blackstone Group (BX.N) has agreed to buy a 40 percent stake in Chinese shopping mall operator and developer SCP Co Ltd for an undisclosed value, SCP said in a statement on Monday.
SCP said in a separate statement that ICBC International Holdings, a unit of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (601398.SS), has also agreed to buy a 6 percent stake in the company.
Unlisted SCP will have total assets valued in excess of $2 billion after the deal, according to the company.
(Reporting by Stephen Aldred and Donny Kwok; Editing by Denny Thomas and Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- UPDATE 9-Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV