Apple working on curved iPhone screens, enhanced sensors: report
REUTERS - Apple Inc(AAPL.O) is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, Bloomberg reported on Sunday, citing a unnamed person familiar with the plans.
With screens of 4.7 inches (11.9 cm) and 5.5 inches (14 cm), the two new models would be Apple's largest iPhones, the person told Bloomberg.
The new handsets are still in development and plans haven't been completed, Bloomberg said citing the person, adding Apple probably would release them in the third quarter of next year.
Natalie Kerris, a spokeswoman for the Cupertino, California-based technology company, declined to comment.
(Reporting By Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press. Full Article