REUTERS - Apple Inc(AAPL.O) is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, Bloomberg reported on Sunday, citing a unnamed person familiar with the plans.
With screens of 4.7 inches (11.9 cm) and 5.5 inches (14 cm), the two new models would be Apple's largest iPhones, the person told Bloomberg.
The new handsets are still in development and plans haven't been completed, Bloomberg said citing the person, adding Apple probably would release them in the third quarter of next year.
Natalie Kerris, a spokeswoman for the Cupertino, California-based technology company, declined to comment.
(Reporting By Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Trending On Reuters
Wipro Ltd, India's third-biggest software services exporter, has appointed the son of billionaire founder Azim Premji to its board, in a long awaited promotion that moves the chairman's heir apparent closer to the top spot. Full Article
- HCL Tech March-quarter profit up 3.6 percent, lags estimates
- Abramovich leads $30 million investment round in Music Messenger app
- IBM sales fall for 12th quarter, currency weighs
- Yahoo, Microsoft add termination clause in search deal - filing
- China's Huawei targets July launch for public cloud service in China
EU ministers discuss migrant crisis as shipwrecked bodies brought ashore Full Article