Apple working on curved iPhone screens, enhanced sensors: report
REUTERS - Apple Inc(AAPL.O) is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, Bloomberg reported on Sunday, citing a unnamed person familiar with the plans.
With screens of 4.7 inches (11.9 cm) and 5.5 inches (14 cm), the two new models would be Apple's largest iPhones, the person told Bloomberg.
The new handsets are still in development and plans haven't been completed, Bloomberg said citing the person, adding Apple probably would release them in the third quarter of next year.
Natalie Kerris, a spokeswoman for the Cupertino, California-based technology company, declined to comment.
(Reporting By Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
Apple Inc has asked suppliers to manufacture between 70 million and 80 million of its two forthcoming large-screen iPhones by the end of the year, its largest initial production run of iPhones, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources. Full Article