REUTERS - Apple Inc(AAPL.O) is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, Bloomberg reported on Sunday, citing a unnamed person familiar with the plans.
With screens of 4.7 inches (11.9 cm) and 5.5 inches (14 cm), the two new models would be Apple's largest iPhones, the person told Bloomberg.
The new handsets are still in development and plans haven't been completed, Bloomberg said citing the person, adding Apple probably would release them in the third quarter of next year.
Natalie Kerris, a spokeswoman for the Cupertino, California-based technology company, declined to comment.
(Reporting By Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Trending On Reuters
Google Inc is refusing to bow to an order from the French privacy watchdog to scrub search results worldwide when users invoke their "right to be forgotten" online, it said on Thursday, exposing itself to possible fines. Full Article
- Google loses bid to overturn low-cost patent licenses to Microsoft
- Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent post strong results as merger approaches
- Sony books highest Q1 profit since 2007 on strong sensor sales
- Insight - Failed FT bid shows Axel Springer caught between tradition and ambition
- Uber launches car leasing unit, makes entry into financial services