Etihad wins CCI nod for $325 mln Jet Air stake buy
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved Etihad's $325 million deal to buy a 24 percent stake in Jet Airways(JET.NS), the regulator said on its website on Tuesday.
Jet said last month it expected to complete the transaction this quarter. It already has the cabinet's approval.
"...the Commission is of the opinion that the proposed combination is not likely to have appreciable adverse effect on competition in India and therefore, the Commission hereby approves the same...," the CCI said on its website.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- Global diets get more similar in threat to food security-study
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article