Etihad wins CCI nod for $325 mln Jet Air stake buy
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved Etihad's $325 million deal to buy a 24 percent stake in Jet Airways(JET.NS), the regulator said on its website on Tuesday.
Jet said last month it expected to complete the transaction this quarter. It already has the cabinet's approval.
"...the Commission is of the opinion that the proposed combination is not likely to have appreciable adverse effect on competition in India and therefore, the Commission hereby approves the same...," the CCI said on its website.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article