Etihad wins CCI nod for $325 mln Jet Air stake buy
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved Etihad's $325 million deal to buy a 24 percent stake in Jet Airways(JET.NS), the regulator said on its website on Tuesday.
Jet said last month it expected to complete the transaction this quarter. It already has the cabinet's approval.
"...the Commission is of the opinion that the proposed combination is not likely to have appreciable adverse effect on competition in India and therefore, the Commission hereby approves the same...," the CCI said on its website.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article