Amazon testing delivery with drones, CEO Bezos says
REUTERS - Amazon.com Inc is testing delivery packages using drones, CEO Jeff Bezos said Sunday on the CBS television program "60 Minutes."
Bezos said the drones, unmanned vehicles that fly through the air, could deliver packages that weigh up to five pounds (2.3 kg). That represents roughly 86 percent of packages that Amazon delivers, he said.
The drones, which would pick up items from Amazon's distribution centers and fly them to customer's homes, probably won't be put into use for four or five years, Bezos said. (Reporting by Olivia Oran; Christopher Wilson)
For more details, visit here
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- UPDATE 2-Erdogan says Turkey may ban Facebook, YouTube over wiretaps
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article